Friday, May 18, 2007

Tune In, Turn On

This afternoon, I'll be going to back to the town where we lived for seven years. It's a place where people say "might could," as in "I might could pick up some hot dogs for the picnic." This used to drive me crazy when I lived there. Pick one, for God's sake, I'd think.

But now--AND DO NOT TELL BRANDON THIS--from the distance of four years, I've come to appreciate the phrase, its extreme tenuousness. I might could pick up some hot dogs for the picnic, but don't count on it, okay? Chances are that I won't come to the picnic at all, actually. You probably want to ask around. What I'm saying is don't put all your eggs in my basket because my basket has a tendency to take a nap in the afternoon.

I'm going there for a radio program, Insight. It's a call-in show, so if you or your frends have some (easy) questions, lay 'em on me. I'll be on from 3 to 4. The call-in number is 1-888-967-2825, and Virginians can listen to it like so:
103.5 FM Charlottesville
91.3 FM Farmville
90.7 FM Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah Valley
89.9 FM Lexington
94.5 FM Winchester

No comments: