Thursday, May 10, 2007

Listen Up

Lately, I've been standing in front of the microwave timer, talking out loud. Simon and Luna, my dogs, respond to this by scampering around and looking hopefully from me to the treats, the treats to me. Maybe this is a new code, I can see them wondering. Maybe when she says, "I'm Jennifer Niesslein" or when she says, "And now I'm going to read..." a fake bacon strip might follow.

Sorry, dawgs. I'm practicing for a couple of events, and if you're in Charlottesville, I'd love love love for you to come to one or both.

On Saturday, May 12, Stephanie and I will be talking at the Mom Expo at the UVA Hospital from 1 to 2. It's mostly a Brain, Child event and we'll be talking about motherhood in the media. I've convinced Steph to reenact with me something we saw on TV, so watch out for the acting chops!

On Thursday, May 17, I'll be doing a reading for Practically Perfect at New Dominion Bookshop at noon. It's the official release date of the book, and if you think a pleasant way to spend your lunch hour is in a sunny bookstore, followed by lunch on the Downtown Mall, then I'm here to tell you that you're absolutely right.

No comments: