Friday, September 7, 2007

Messes

Maybe someone who knows their astrology can explain this, but this hasn't been the most stellar year for many of my beloveds. Me, I'm okey doke, other than this morning's revelation that girlfriend needs a sports bra, stat. (The skeevy-man-leering-at-the-bosom count was noticeable.)

In some cases, there's nothing I can do. In some cases, there's nothing anyone can do. I Google. I work my Merck Medical Manual. I make cheery phone calls. I think good thoughts, although I'm not a believer in the healing powers of my own vibes. I think about what I learned in the last chapter of Practically Perfect, the one about the soul.

I go to You Tube and I alternate between these two songs, depending on how optimistic I'm feeling.





Even though I know very well that it is a big thing, all of these things are big things, I still want to believe in the happy-as-possible ending, that I will be pressed into service or not, that there will be some redistribution of the good luck, and maybe everything will be all right.

4 comments:

Terri Kloth said...

What an awesome collection of videos!! Me digs your musical taste!

Bette said...

Avoid Dr. Google. S/he knows little of real value and what you do find will make you climb the walls. Best wishes to you and yours.

jessica handler said...

Hmmm, this sounds stressful for you and the folks for whom you are consulting the Merck Manual. Best wishes to you and yours, I second that.

Jennifer said...

Aw, thanks for the kindness, both about the musical taste and the beloveds!