Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Don’t Just Stand There. Bust a Move.

Over Thanksgiving, my nephew taught some of us how to do this dance:



I played the part of the audience. It looked really fun.

So fun, in fact, that yesterday, while I was waiting for dinner to finish simmering, I came upstairs and spent a good fifteen minutes looking up the instructions on how to properly dance to “Crank Dat.” I found them. I practiced for a little bit. I should mention that I was high on cold medicine.

I still might try to learn, even though I attend no clubs, even though I am in my thirties, even though I don’t have a best friend Pedro who might need me to bust out my moves when he runs for student class president. It’s good for a person to surprise themselves.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, we got suckered into providing the music and sound system for a dance at the school for kids age 9-13. This was their favorite song and dance. We played it several times. And then afterwards someone told me that the lyrics were really dirty. What do I know? I didn't understand anything they were saying!

Bette said...

Does it greatly reduce my cool factor if I attempt to do it while holding my rack steady because I'm in my jammies and didn't put on a sports bra? And also I am in my 40s and my roots are showing?

Yeah. But IN MY head, I am so cool!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard this song before. Does that make me uncool? I know the electric slide. And the Macarena. Doesn't that count for anything?

Kathy Gillen said...

My 13 year old daughter taught me the dance. Then my 20 year old niece told me what a "Superman" is. It sort of ruined the whole, "I think I'm a cool mom" feeling I had. Google it.