Wednesday, April 25, 2007

In Which I Gush

Yesterday, I got an email from Kristin Ohlson, whose writing has long knocked my socks off. She's the author of Stalking the Divine, a gorgeous book about cloistered nuns and Kristin's own investigation into finding faith and peace. You might have also read her work in magazines--the lady is prolific.

Anyhoo: Some exciting news! She co-authored Kabul Beauty School with Deborah Rodriguez and it's going to be on the New York Times bestseller list this Sunday. For real--number ten!

Sometimes, I have to admit, I look at bestseller lists and I wonder many things. Who are all these people who pony up their hard-earned money for, say, a politician's memoir? Does every household in America really need a copy of You: The Owner's Manual? Would it be wrong to change my last name to Sedaris?

Refreshingly, I don't have any questions here. Read this post ("The Pungent and The Sweet") or this essay (it's a PDF), and you can see why I, for one, would buy anything with Kristin's name on it. Rock on, lady.

No comments: